Tomorrow is our class Valentine party. I am taking the simple way out and just made some rice crispy bars with sprinkles on top. My husband works at a factory and this may be stereotyping but the one thing I have noticed about factory workers is that they LOVE treats. So, I told him I was making some rice crispy bars for my class and asked if he would like me to send some to work with him, too. Of course he wasn't going to turn down treats! I was thinking that maybe I should find a way to make them a little more special...and then I remembered these fantastic rice crispy bars that someone had brought into the teacher's lounge! I knew these would be perfect!
1. Chop the Milk Way bars into smaller pieces.
2. Melt the butter and half the Milky Way pieces.
3. Add the marshmallows and remaining milky ways. If you want chunks of Milky Way in your bars you will want to freeze the Milky Ways, so they don't melt down totally.
4. Add the vanilla. Stir in.
5. Stir in rice crispy cereal.
6. Pour in buttered pan and flatten.
See how simple are these?! Plus, I don't have to worry about a lot of people bringing these to my husbands pot lucks! Something classic, yet unique! Perfect!