The first thing I did was wipe down the whole table with a sponge. Then I sanded it...and wiped again. I am not a huge fan of sanding, but I needed to sand away the paint that had been spilled. I used one can of Rustoleum Canyon Black (with primer) in a Satin finish to spray paint it. It was a quick project...like all painting projects most of the time was spent waiting for it to dry! You may have noticed that I use a lot of black paint... I am considering buying stock in it...just kidding. But really I use a lot of black because I have a hard time committing to too much color. I like to keep things neutral and then decorate with pops of color.
I am really happy with how this turned out, but I still don't love it as much as this project!
Here is a preview of the sewing project I have been working on.
It is going to be a table topper. I still need to add borders and possibly some applique. Still undecided. I have kept track of all my measurements so I will share those with you when I have finished the project. I am hoping to finish before Tuesday.
On a sadder note, my last day of school for the year was on Friday. I had to say goodbye to another group of kiddos. I am already excited to meet my next years class. However, since I am now off for the summer I will get to spend some time babysitting my nephews and niece, working at the quilt shop, and CRAFTING! Plan on hearing from me a little more over the next couple of months!